Andrew Siegel, M.D. 5/28/16
The pelvic floor muscles—a.k.a. the Kegel muscles—are internal, hidden and behind-the-scenes muscles, yet they are vital to a healthy existence. There are numerous advantages to keeping them robust and fit with Kegel pelvic floor exercises. Today’s entry enumerates why this is the case for females and next week’s entry will detail why Kegels are equally beneficial for males.
10 GOOD REASONS FOR WOMEN TO DO KEGEL EXERCISES
- To enable you to have a more comfortable pregnancy, a smoother labor and delivery and a faster recovery.
- To improve/prevent pelvic relaxation (dropped bladder, uterus, rectum, etc.) and vaginal laxity (looseness).
- To improve/prevent sexual and orgasm issues.
- To enhance sexual pleasure for you and your partner.
- To improve/prevent stress urinary incontinence (leakage with coughing, sneezing, exercise, etc.).
- To improve/prevent urinary and bowel urgency (“gotta go”) and urinary and bowel urgency incontinence (inability to get to the bathroom on time to prevent an accident).
- To improve/prevent pelvic pain due to pelvic floor tension myalgia by learning how to relax your pelvic floor muscles.
- To help prevent pelvic impairments from high impact sports and saddle sports (e.g., cycling, motorcycling and horseback riding).
- To improve core strength, posture, lumbar stability, alignment and balance.
- To maintain good health and youthful vitality.
Wishing you the best of health,
A new blog is posted every week. To receive the blogs in the in box of your email go to the following link and click on “email subscription”: www.HealthDoc13.WordPress.com
Author of THE KEGEL FIX: Recharging Female Pelvic, Sexual and Urinary Health– and MALE PELVIC FITNESS: Optimizing Sexual & Urinary Health available on Amazon Kindle, Apple iBooks, B&N Nook and Kobo; paperback edition available at TheKegelFix.com
Author page on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Andrew-Siegel/e/B004W7IM48
Trailer for The Kegel Fix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHZxoiQb1Cc
Co-creator of Private Gym and PelvicRx: comprehensive, interactive, FDA-registered follow-along male pelvic floor muscle training programs. Built upon the foundational work of Dr. Kegel, these programs empower men to increase pelvic floor muscle strength, tone, power, and endurance: www.PrivateGym.com or Amazon. In the works is the female PelvicRx pelvic floor muscle training DVD.
Pelvic Rx can be obtained at http://www.UrologyHealthStore.com, an online store home to quality urology products for men and women. Use promo code “UROLOGY10” at checkout for 10% discount.
Tags: Andrew Siegel MD, Arnold Kegel MD, bowel urgency, core strength, Female Pelvic Fitness, high impact sports, Kegel exercises, overactive bladder, pelvic floor muscle training, pelvic floor muscles, pelvic organ prolapse, pelvic pain, sexual dysfunction, stress urinary incontinence, vaginal laxity